why are queer girls so hard to find in midwest canada
here’s how I think the leading lady MCU movies should happen:
- obviously the Black Widow movie comes first, and it’s basically Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff versus
Freddie LoundsLara Jean Chorostecki as Yelena Belova and I don’t really care if they make Natasha her comic book age or not but some Bucky/Natasha backstory would be great thanks
- next is a Captain Marvel movie in which Carol Danvers is an air force pilot who encounters alien technology that gives her superpowers, the movie addresses the misogyny women face in the armed forces and male-dominated spaces in general, she gets dishonorably discharged preferably for pissing off powerful men but probably for independently investigating the aforementioned alien technology and at the end Sharon Carter approaches her to talk about the Avengers Initiative, also the whole movie foreshadows the Kree invasion and Chewie is prominently featured
- then She-Hulk, of course, in which Jennifer Walters is an assistant district attorney working on a high profile mob case and after she gets brutally attacked the hospital calls her cousin Bruce Banner to give her a blood transfusion, which he reluctantly does, and he sidekicks her while she cracks the case and destroys the mobsters and we get more backstory re: his abusive father and the root of his anger issues, the movie also addresses body image issues and at the end Jennifer decides to go green, literally, and after the credits we learn that the doctor who treated her was Michael Morbius, who injects himself with a serum he concocted using a sample of her blood taken after she miraculously healed because he thinks it’ll cure his porphyria, and this foreshadows the inevitable vampire-slaying team up with oodles of incredulity and pop culture references, also at some point Jennifer mentions her ex-boyfriend Luke Cage, because they’re making a Luke Cage tv series
- they’re also making a Jessica Jones tv series so we’ll see how that goes, but I’d like it if they skipped the creepy Purple Man storyline and since we’re not actually going to get that Captain Marvel movie Carol Danvers should be in it and Chewie should be prominently featured
- my kingdom for a Spider-Woman movie in which teenage Jessica Drew is released from HYDRA induced cryogenic stasis after SHIELD falls with one goal: to assassinate Nick Fury (this would ideally come on the heels of The Winter Soldier, obviously, but that is not the world in which we live) who flees to Tromsø and ends up hanging out with Thor, Jane and Darcy while Jessica escalates, and then of course he eventually apprehends her and takes her back to Stark Tower for deprogramming and rehabilitation and after he explains how he adopted the girl who tried to kill him Clint is just like “so I guess you made a different call”
- also Jennifer Walters and Jessica Jones and Jessica Drew should all be WoC because as much as I love the ladies of the MCU they’re all white women and that should change
- and I’m still bitter they didn’t make Janet van Dyne a founding member of the Avengers in the MCU and I know she’s going to be in Ant-Man but I’m not over it I’ll never be over it okay bye
→ Myers-Briggs Personality test: ISFJ// Requested by anon.
I – Introversion preferred to extraversion: ISFJs tend to be quiet and reserved. They generally prefer interacting with a few close friends rather than a wide circle of acquaintances, and they expend energy in social situations (whereas extraverts gain energy).
S – Sensing preferred to intuition: ISFJs tend to be more concrete than abstract. They focus their attention on the details rather than the big picture, and on immediate realities rather than future possibilities.
F – Feeling preferred to thinking: ISFJs tend to value personal considerations above objective criteria. When making decisions, they often give more weight to social implications than to logic.
J – Judgment preferred to perception: ISFJs tend to plan their activities and make decisions early. They derive a sense of control through predictability.
According to Myers-Briggs, ISFJs are interested in maintaining order and harmony in every aspect of their lives. They are steadfast and meticulous in handling their responsibilities. Although quiet, they are people-oriented and very observant. Not only do they remember details about others, but they observe and respect others’ feelings. Friends and family are likely to describe them as thoughtful and trustworthy. “Protector Guardians”, are most concerned with taking care of people by keeping them safe and secure. They are modest caretakers who do not demand credit or thanks for their efforts. But while they are essentially compassionate—and in fact exercise more patience in dealing with people with disabilities than perhaps any other type—their reluctance to open up to strangers can lead others to misread them as standoffish. Only among friends and family may this quiet type feel comfortable speaking freely. ISFJs are serious people with a strong work ethic, not inclined to self-indulgence. They believe in being meticulous and thrifty. They work well alone. While they may enjoy taking care of others, they do not enjoy giving orders.
Done with funkmbtifiction for the choice of the characters
logically, bucky knows that steve doesn’t need an inhaler anymore. he knows that steve can run circles around sam and never once pause to catch his breath, that he can spar with natasha without breaking a sweat, that he can bench press several motorcycles if he wanted to. he knows all that. but his therapist (one of sam’s buddies from the VA and probably the most patient person he’s ever met) told him to embrace the aspects of his past that make him happy, that make him feel like bucky barnes again. so he does. he sews a little pocket into his suit so he can take the inhaler with him when they go on missions, just in case something happens
something does happen, of course, but not what bucky expects
in the aftermath of another long battle filled with gunshots and danger and lasers (fucking lasers, what is his life), bucky is on pedestrian patrol. which basically translates to ‘don’t let these idiots do anything to endanger themselves,’ a surprisingly difficult job since you’d think that people would have the common sense to stay away from life-threatening falling debris (they did not)
bucky’s trying (and failing, bystanders are the worst) to keep the people from milling around any precarious looking wreckage, when he hears the familiar wheeze of someone struggling to get air into their lungs. he glances around, locates where the harsh breathing is coming from (a kid, no more than 10 or 11) and abandons pedestrian patrol, walking quickly over to the pile of rubble the kid is leaning against
bucky scrambles to unzip the little pocket that houses the inhaler and walks up to the kid cautiously, holding out his hands to show that he’s there to help. the kid just looks at him with wide eyes, so bucky comes closer until the inhaler is pressed to her lips and one of his hands is rubbing her back gently. he talks to her while her breathing steadies, just little things like how much he loves her shirt (“i’m a big black widow fan too”) and how she’s such a brave warrior (“thor would be proud”) and how she should always carry her inhaler with her (“there’s nothing weak in taking care of yourself, ok? now promise me you’ll always have one with you”). the kid, whose name bucky learns is actually lucy, is quiet for most of it, giggling a little every now and then, but mostly concentrating on breathing slow and deep, just like bucky says
in total it only takes about fifteen minutes for lucy to come down from the asthma attack, but when bucky gets up from where he’s been kneeling beside her he sees forty pairs of eyes (and about that many cameras), staring at them, including his teammates. he turns his back on them for the time being, giving lucy a hand up and helping her get all the dust off of her clothes, then takes her to her mother, who was being treated for minor injuries when her daughter ran off. bucky accepts her thanks and gives her his personal mailing address so that he and lucy can send each other letters. they part with a hug and a fist bump
when bucky sees steve back in the tower that night after everyone’s showered and changed into clothes that don’t smell like lasers (lasers for fuck’s sake), steve raises an eyebrow and mouths “inhaler?” at him from across the noisy dining room. bucky just shakes his head and smiles slightly, making a mental note to stock up on inhalers the next time he makes a grocery run
T__T all my creys
This broke my heart.
@marvel Flattery will get you nowhere! Probably. Maybe. *looks the other way*